Uncle E’s 12 Step Program For Music Addicts
- We must admit we are powerless over music—that our lives have become unmanageable due to our endless quest for the perfect album.
- We have come to believe that only a Power greater than ourselves (The Beatles) could restore us to sanity.
- We must make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Power, and not question Their authority.
- We also must conduct a searching and fearless moral inventory of our record collections and purge ourselves of the ‘less worthy’.
- We need to admit to The Power, and to ourselves, and to other human music addicts the exact nature of our collections, including our guilty pleasures.
- We’re entirely ready to remove all these defects of our record library immediately and vow never to return to such things.
- We humbly ask that The Power remove our shortcomings and deliver us from the temptation of the used CD bins.
8. We will make a list of all non-music snobs we have harmed during our lifeimes, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We agree to make these direct amends wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others, or damage our reputation within our circle of fellow music snobs.
- We shall continue to take personal inventory of our record collections, and when we purchase a shit record we need to promptly admit it and purge our collections of the abomination immediately.
- We will seek through prayer and quality music magazines, and blogs, to improve our record collection, knowing that we will never reach perfection but will continue to strive for it.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we must at all costs carry this message to other music addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.